Joining the dots

Monday 9 October 2017

This morning I am on a train speeding north to see a client for the day in Manchester.  Back in normal work mode, the only obvious reminder of the dramatic events of last week is the bruising I have in my wrist where a catheter was inserted to inspect my heart function.

Since my two day stay in hospital I reduced my medication and am now experiencing only mild symptoms of the heart problems.  The flip side is that I get a little more Parkinson's symptoms.

Clara and I spent Saturday night in Paris on a long-planned weekend away.  We are determined to carry on living our lives to the full in spite of the respective issues that we are dealing with.

A lot can happen in a week.

But I'm not out of the woods yet.  I still haven't got to the bottom of the cardiac problems and they are still reminding me occasionally that they haven't gone away.  To complicate matters I am now dealing with four medics: my neurologist, The Professor; the cardiologist (let's call him Professor P); the Parkinson's nurse and my GP surgery.

I will attempt to join the dots across all these people as well as across my symptoms and medication.

Living with Parkinson's certainly keeps me busy.

Popular posts